Monday, August 8, 2016

Stamps Honor the Olympics


As millions of people across the globe watch the 2016 Olympics in Rio this week, several countries have released postage stamps honoring the games.

Although the U.S. Postal Service didn't release a new Olympics stamp this year, they have several times in the past. And the International Stamp News website has a list of stories about the stamps that have been issued this year by various countries. Click here for more information.

A US stamp from the past.
The Olympics offer a great way for people of all different nationalities to connect with one another...just like letter writing and penpalling does. The games also provide great topics to write letters about! Write to your penpals about your favorite Summer Olympics sport, how your country's teams are doing, what sport you play or wish you played, etc. The ideas are practically endless!

Enjoy watching the games, and write some letters while you watch.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, inspirational post. I can only imagine the amounts of Olympics mail being written and read this month. I am so very proud of all the athletes but Teams USA flood my hear with pride. As much as I root for our track and field athletes I'm still crazy in like with Husain Bolt. His confidence and talent reminds me of Ali.

I finally chose American flag stamps for my Olympics mail. It just happened that JC has a roll on hand. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...