Monday, August 19, 2013

Writing interesting letters

I am always fascinated by the many different ways that people write letters. Most everyone, in their own unique way, makes every letter interesting. Some may not even realize that what they're doing adds to the quality of their letters.

I received a letter recently from a new penpal who, at the top of the letter, listed the music that was playing while the letter writer was writing. It was Opus 26 by Dustin O'Halloran. Listening to the same music that my penpal was listening to while the letter was being written just adds to the connection between the letter writer and the recipient.

Some letter writers draw pictures on the stationery, include clippings of recipes or cartoons, post the weather at their location, etc. Many decorate the envelope to turn it into mail art. Some use specific stamps to convey an added message.

Is there some little thing that you do, automatically or quite purposefully, to make your letters even more interesting to your recipients? Tell us about it!

3 comments:

wendy said...

I love going to the post office and picking out stamps, right now I'm using flower stamps.

TomoyoHime said...

I try to get nice stamps and I usually decorate my envelopes.

Janicemarie said...

I like to make my letter creative, interesting stationery (usually hand made), fun formats & inserts. but I also like to talk bout my day and the sensations of writing the letter. If I'm at a cafe I'll tell them about where I am. It gives things another dimension.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...