Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Write now!

Yesterday, I found out that a friend's daughter died suddenly and unexpectedly at the age of 29. I knew her when she was just a baby, and her tragic death has reminded me how fragile life is.

As I look at my life and that of those around me, I think that too often we procrastinate things we ought not put off. It's easier to wait until we have more time or are less stressed or are in the right frame of mind. Much of the time, the things we're postponing isn't something unpleasant, just thought-requiring.

Take a moment and think about those letters you need to write. Do you need to say "thank you" or "I'm sorry" or "I love you"? If there's a letter you've been meaning to write but just haven't written yet, I'm encouraging you to do it today. Find a piece of stationery and a pen or pencil and put those thoughts on paper. Then, go drop it in a mailbox.

Don't wait any longer!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sorry about your friend's loss. That is so very sad. And thank you for the reminder. Sometimes we get so caught up in the day-to-day activities that we forget about the bigger picture...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...