Monday, January 7, 2013

New US postage rates

The cost of stamps for U.S. postage will go up a tiny bit on Jan. 27, 2013. To mail a letter of 1 ounce or less in the United States, it will cost 46 cents.  That is a 1-cent increase.

A similar 1-cent increase will be in effect for postcards, as well. It will cost 33 cents to mail a postcard within the United States. But, the USPS is introducing these great new apple stamps to make the transition easier.

Keep in mind, that the first class letter stamps are Forever stamps. So, if you want to save a few cents, stock up on Forever stamps before Jan. 27. You'll save a penny a stamp, and they'll still be good for first class,

Be sure that after Jan. 27, you check all the rates for what you're mailing. You can look it up online or ask at your post office.

The USPS changes for international postage are detailed in my blog post last Friday.

3 comments:

TMC said...

I'm definitely going to stock up on stamps though I'm really looking forward to these apple stamps and the heart seal on an envelope stamp. Just recently ordered custom postage too. So much fun!

Anonymous said...

hello
I'm Algerian Colector I'm intersted in swap Nice Cover's With you I offer you Nice cover From Algeria
This is my Blog
http://philatelika.blogspot.com

Best

Anonymous said...

I almost want to whine, but then I remember that with new prices come new stamps. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...