Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day Brightener!

It was one of those mornings this morning. I was running late, and then my car started acting up. It wasn't a serious problem, just irritating. It seems that lately if the car doesn't start on the first attempt, it goes into anti-theft mode and shuts off the fuel flow. To re-set the system, I have to sit there with the ignition key in the "on" position for 10 minutes. Then, I can restart the car as normal.

So, there I was, already 10 or 15 minutes behind schedule, and I had to wait another 10 minutes for the system to re-set.

I was starting to get a little grumpy.

But, I made time to stop by my post office box, despite my lateness. I hadn't checked the P.O. box over the weekend.

I am so happy I decided to check the mail! What a day brightener! There was a bright yellow envelope from Clara. She was so right about it being like sunshine! And, I love all of the little stickers and peace signs and the Anais Nin quote! How lovely!

The next envelope was a delightful international air mail post with the cutest card from Helen in Australia who blogs at iheartpost.blogspot.com. She wrote a wonderful letter. That card is from TMOD Post, and, according to their website, they do offer international shipping.

And, then, there were the postcards...six of them! I received postcards from Russia (2), Taiwan, Belarus, Virgina and Germany. What fun!

Now, of course, I have lots of letters to write in return.

Happy letter writing!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi Carla! I am so happy that your letter arrived and that it helped to brighten your day! :)
Cheers, Helen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...