Thursday, May 10, 2012

Politics or Not?


It's election season in the United States, and in many other countries. The races are heating up, from local commissioners to the presidency.

I'm curious, do you write about politics in your letters to penpals? Or, do you avoid the topic in favor of conversation more suitable for "polite society," such as the weather, your hometown, family, etc.?

For me, I'm always up for a spirited debate with close friends, but I tend to be a little more reserved with penpals, especially those I don't know very well yet. However, I might mention current affairs, including politics, without taking sides.

How about you? Tell me how you handle the topic of politics in your correspondence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't talk politics with a pen pal. I only talk politics with someone I know really well because if we do not agree, I want to know that we'll be able to argue or disagree without it getting so heated that we get into a true arguement. I'm not likely to get that upset, but I've come across others who do, so I've stopped talking politics unless I know them really well and I know that we'll be able to agree to disagree. :)

Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...