Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Letter Writing Topics #37-43

Continuing with the catching up....

Letter #37:  Write a letter to the relative you find most interesting. Ask him or her a few personal things. Tell him/her a few things about yourself. Try to start up a real pen-friendship.

Letter #38: Write a letter sharing a bit of good news.

Letter #39:  My daughter was recently wanting to see something with fashions from the 1970s. I suggested my husband's high school yearbooks. I'm sure some people look back at those days and wish they hadn't worn some of those things. Is there a fashion item you regret wearing in the past? Write a letter about it, with a chuckle, today.

Letter #40:  Write a letter to one of your aunt.

Letter #41: At our house right now, the main topic of conversation is Girl Scout cookies! My daughter is a Girl Scout, and I am her troop leader. And, it's Girl Scout Cookie season. Do you have a favorite? Thin Mints? Shortbread (aka Trefoils)? Write about your favorite Girl Scout cookie in a letter.

Letter #42: Write about the hardest job you've ever had to do. Have you had many jobs? Do you find it more difficult to do physical labor or to sit inside at a desk all day? Write about your tough jobs in a letter.

Letter #43: Write a letter about the weather. I know here in the U.S., it's been a winter to write about! Even down here in Texas, we had such a snow and ice storm that our local school district was closed for four days. Rather than risk my life on the snow-covered highway, I worked from home those days, as well. Sometimes weather letters seem cliche, but make your letter one that will delight your recipient.

Happy letter writing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...