Monday, February 21, 2011

Dear Blog Readers,

I do want to apologize for not posting recently.

Just a few minutes after my last post on January 12, 2011, I received a call from my mom, letting me know that my dad had a heart attack and had died suddenly and unexpectedly.  As you can imagine, this immediately turned my world upside down for several days, if not weeks. Even after everything stopped spinning, I have been a little out of sorts and haven't posted lately.

I will resume posting this week. And, I will go ahead and post the missing weeks' letter writing topics, just in case anyone is wanting to write 365 letters but did not start on January 1. Hopefully, I'll be caught up by the end of the week.

Thank you for reading this blog.

Carla


6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Carla,

I'm so sorry to hear about our dad. I'm glad you've taken the time to do what you need to instead of posting to this blog. In the end, you have to sacrifice some things if something else is more important. Hope things look up.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I'm sending good wished to you, Carla. I was sitting here wondering what to do about posting myself this week and I saw your blog post! My mom is going to have brain surgery in a few days and I am so busy helping to get her affairs in order.

Take it easy and allow yourself time to heal. Keep the good memories close to your heart.

Best wishes~Debi

aseknc said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. I lost my mom on January 26th so I can honestly say that I understand how you feel and my heart sincerely goes out to you, and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Debi...my heart and prayers are with your mom as well hun.

♥Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
Whate'er we leave to God, God does and blesses us.-- Henry David Thoreau

Karen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Carla. My mother passed away very unexpectedly several years ago. It is never easy losing a parent. Be gentle with yourself and my prayers are with you.

Karen

Andrea said...

Thoughts and prayers. May the soul of your father rest in peace.
Your creativity was missed and I look forward to your updates.

The Missive Maven said...

Oh Carla, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...