Saturday, August 7, 2010

Letter #219 -- The first

Who was your first penpal?

When I was a very young girl, I think that I probably received some letters from my grandmother, maybe an aunt or two. In my scrapbook, I have a letter that my mother wrote me when she was in the hospital after she had either my little brother or my little sister.

But, I think the first person I wrote regular letters back and forth to was Debra Perry. She was my third-grade friend in Muskogee, Oklahoma. We moved to Muskogee about six weeks into the third grade, and then we moved away during the summer before the fourth grade started. So, I hadn't known Debra for very long. But, we lived near each other and had become friends. I'm sure I still have her letters somewhere. I've long since lost touch with Debra, but I do remember her friendship.

Who was your first penpal? Write a letter today to a current penpal about the person you first started exchanging letters with. Why did you start writing? Do you remember what you wrote about? Do you still have any of the letters?

Letter writing topic for Aug. 7, 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...