Sunday, August 1, 2010

Letter #212 -- Way back when

SATURDAY, JULY 31, 2010

Around here, school starts in a little over three weeks. My daughter will be in the fifth grade this year. I remember taking her to school on the first day of kindergarten. She was then like she had always been at daycare and pre-school and like she still is today, independent, never clingly. That first day of school, some other children were hanging on to their mothers, crying. I felt a bit of wistfulness that my child wasn't going to miss me. But then I walked out the door of the school and saw the mothers on the sidewalk, also crying hysterically at having left their children at school. I snapped out of it and thought, how wonderful that my daughter is happy to be here today. She's having a good day, not an anxious or traumatic day. I was glad for that.

Do you remember your child's first day of school or your own first day of school? What was it like? Were you happy or sad?

Write a letter about the experience.

Letter writing topic for July 31, 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...