Thursday, July 29, 2010

Letter #210 -- A What?

Have you noticed that old-fashioned address books are difficult to find nowadays? Just yesterday, I saw with dismay that the local grocery store had their little selection of address books marked as "clearance."

Oh, I know we all have address books in the computer and contacts lists on our phones, but still...sometimes I like that little book where I can jot down notes about the people I'm writing to.

Today, find your address book, pick a name at random and write that person a letter.

Letter writing topic for July 29, 2010

2 comments:

Marcus said...

I like the idea of checking the address book and I might just do this.

Just a thought on the address book in general.
I only have a digital address book in Outlook which sync's with my iPhone for the simple reason that I find it difficult to fit the addresses into one single analog address book. I have collected so many contacts over the years and I have found an address book that has enough space. I might just go through the contacts and select those that I would need for letting correspondence and leave the others, but then, you never know ....
I love the idea of having everything in one place but I don't use the iPhone calendar for private appointments either.

What are your thoughts?

365 Letters said...

I agree...many paper address books don't have enough room for today's information. Once upon a time, all you needed for a person was a simple mailing address and maybe a phone number. Today, a person might have a home address, a work address, a P.O. box, one or more e-mail addresses, two or three or more phone numbers, website addresses, blog addresses and maybe even more.

But, I have some old-fashioned ideas now and then. Sometimes, my fingers just itch to take a fresh new address book and a nice blue ink pen and organize the information about my letter writing pals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...