Monday, July 12, 2010

Letter #193 -- What would we do without them?

According to a few sources on the Internet (including Project Green Bag), on July 12, 1859, William Goodale was issued a patent for new and useful improvements to the paper bag making machine. According to the reports, apparently, there were some challenges to the patent. Who knew so much activity was involved in the "invention" of the paper bag.

In honor of all of those who invented and improved the process for making the paper bag, today, write a letter on a paper bag. Make it fun. Make it interesting. If you're so inclined, fold it up, tape it up and address  and stamp it...no envelope needed. Make your own "fold-a-note."

(Paper bag graphic courtesy of www.freeclipartnow.com.)

Letter writing topic for July 12, 2010

3 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

This is a really cool idea. I like it. Love your blog too. I read all your posts I just don't always leave a comment. Just wanted you to know that you do have a regular reader.

ShEiLa said...

Unfortunately I don't have one paper bag in my house. However, I used to have a drawer full when my kids were little. I used to draw little art projects on them... that way my kids would have decorated brown bags with a touch of their Mother's love in plain view. My oldest daughter talks about them every now and then. I am so glad that I took the time to let them know how much I loved them.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

This post reminded me of a story I have lovingly saved over many years... I will go and post it on my blog.

ToOdLeS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...