Friday, June 25, 2010

Profile: Cathy Thompson

This week's profile personality is Cathy Thompson who recently moved to Springfield, Ohio, and is a member of several online letter writing groups. She blogs at The Older Side of Life and can be contacted at catsmeow1961@gmail.com.

Here are Cathy's answer's to the profile questions:


1. Why do you write letters?
Oh, it is an art form.

2. Which is more exciting for you (and tell us why -- elaborate) -- finding a letter in
your mailbox or dropping a letter into a mailbox?

I think both

3. Who do you write to?I have several ladies including you  Why?
Well because it is a traditional way to connect.

4. Do you write to people who never write back?
Oh no.  Why or why not? Because some just dont have the time, and I dont want to pressure them to feel the need.
5. Do you use fancy stationery or plain notebook paper? Why?
Both. Again it is a personal expression of art.

6. Do you e-mail, text,e tc., too?  If so, what determines who gets an e-mail and who gets
a letter?

Of course. Well if i dont have your address then you get an email

7. Do you always handwrite letters? not always Or, do you ever type them on a typewriter or print
them out from a computer?

Of course if my hands are hurting.

8. Tell us about your blog/website.
My blog is about a little of it all my diabetes , the books I read, my favorite ppl in the world.

9. Why should people write more letters?
Because it is such a more personal way to connect.

10. What is your favorite letter?
I dont have, per se, a favorite.

2 comments:

joanna's foto said...

Thank you for sharing this interview.

I love question #9- and the answer. It seems like letters are being forgotten. Myself- I used to write so many paper letters... and lately have to push myself to do it.

phonelady said...

oh my gosh I was so honored when you asked me to be part of this project and am glad I was and I thank you very much .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...