Friday, May 21, 2010

Letter #141 -- This or That? Hot or Cold?

As we transition from cooler spring weather into the heat of summer, I'm wondering, do you prefer hot weather or cold weather? Do you like to put on a swimsuit and lay around on the beach as the sun's rays beat down and the ocean's waves lap at your toes? Or, would you rather bundle up in a big coat, hat and gloves and build a snowman or just take a brisk walk on a clear winter's day. Sometimes, I like it both ways...I like for the weather to be cold outside but for me to be cozy and warm inside, reading a book or writing a letter and sipping hot cocoa. On the other hand, I don't mind a hot day, if I can find a shady spot with a nice breeze blowing through.
    Take this topic and write about your likes and dislikes in a letter to someone. Are you wondering how? How would you write about this to someone? Well, for starters, you could tell them that you're participating in a letter-writing project and this is the topic of the day. Or, you could just work it into the letter:

Dear Susie,

How are you and your family? We're all fine here. Everyone is gearing up for summer. The kids will be out of school in a couple of weeks, and I'm sure they have plenty of plans for their vacation. Me, on the other hand, I'm planning to spend as much time as possible under the air conditioner. I prefer the cooler weather of winter and spring -- I'd much rather build a snowman than a sand castle! Ha! But, I'll make the most of the warm weather. We have a small garden going in the corner of the backyard...
    Now, that you have a head start, go write that letter!

Letter writing topic for May 21, 2010


2 comments:

phonelady said...

oh i have never been one for summer even as a kid I hated summer and of course I had a mother that hated bathing suits so she never bought me one either so now I have that thing in my head about suits I hate them . Oh well bring on the winter .

Melody said...

I used this prompt as inspiration and made a whole "this or that" section of my letter with about 30 different sets of things to pick from!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...