Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Letter #110 - Fun Ink

 In continuing with my Earth Day theme this week, today, write a letter using homemade ink. What? Who makes homemade ink? Very few people, indeed, I'm guessing. But, it might be fun, especially for a letter to a child. Here's a simple recipe, that I must admit that I have not tried. My daughter and I have been wanting to try it, but we haven't had a chance.


You can use a dip-pen (often used for calligraphy) or even a toothpick or stick for the writing instrument to use with this ink.

Berry Ink. Use 1/2 cup fresh berries or thawed frozen berries; push them through a strainer so that you get pulp-free juice. Add 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar (to hold color) and 1/2 teaspoon salt (as a preservative) and mix well. You can use a glass baby food jar as your "inkwell", if you have one.

Have fun with it!

Letter writing topic for April 20, 2010

(Fruit graphic complements of the Graphic Fairy. Stop by and see the great graphics there!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...