Thursday, March 4, 2010

Letter #63

Letter writing topic for March 4, 2010:

Today, write a letter about letter writing. Tell your recipient why you like to write letters. Tell him or her why mailing a letter is a good idea and a great bargain. In most places in the United States, for 44 cents, you can put a letter in a box in front of  your house; someone will come to your house, pick up the letter, put it into a system that then gets your letter delivered to anywhere else in the U.S. No matter whether your sending a letter from Alaska to Florida or from Hawaii to Maine, a one-ounce letter costs only 44 cents to mail. That amount may well go up in the coming months and years, as the U.S. Postal Service struggles to remain viable, but with an increase, it will still be a good deal.

When you're writing about letter writing, don't forget to mention the staying power of letters. If you have a tale to tell about the impact of, share it. Maybe you have a stack of your grandparents' old letters or the first letter your mom ever wrote to you.

If you can, send along some stationery, envelopes and a book of stamps. Maybe you'll even get a letter in return!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I bet you feel like I abandoned you... I didn't. I have read many of the challenges.

I had my grand-girl here for four days... and there wasn't a whole lot accomplished from my normal routine.

I am sad that the USPS is struggling... I wish more people wrote letters. I sent one yesterday... but I want to do some of the others too.

I will let you know when I get them done... I am hopeful I will get something good done today... besides laundry and dishes.

ToOdLeS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...