Saturday, February 6, 2010

Letter #37

Letter writing topic for February 6, 2010:

In honor of Retha Casto's letter that sparked in investigation of the post office closings (see yesterday's blog post), today, if your post office was closed in the past five years, write a letter to the U.S. Postal Regulatory Commission (www.prc.gov) and tell them why you need your post office.

If you think your post office might be threatened because no one thinks it's important, speak up. Let the officials making such decisions know that it is important to you. Enlist your fellow letter writers to speak up, as well. It's time to make a difference.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

Your last couple of post have been most interesting... thank you.

I used to work for the USPS in Moapa, NV. I was actually the OIC (officer in charge) for 9 months.
Our post office was located in an old house close the the railroad. It was commonplace for us to be concerned about what we could find on arrival when got to work just after 6am. Buildings next to railroads and highways provide shelter for 'vagrant shelter'. As a postal worker you cannot have firearms on the premesis... and it was just us girls. So I was always a bit nervous. Out town in the middle of nowhere had a laxk of prompt police presence as well... so that added to my anxiety. However, we never had a major incident during my tenure.

It is amazing to me how posts like this tend to trigger memories for me... so this comment will be place in my journal today.

ToOdLeS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...