Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Letter #33

Letter writing topic for February 2, 2010:

Today is Groundhog Day. According to tradition, if the groundhog (or, maybe any hibernating animal) sees its shadow today, we're in for six more weeks of winter. Now, here in my part of Texas, it's a gray and cloudy winter morning, so I'm guessing no one is seeing his or her shadow today. But, up in Gobbler's Knob in Pennsylvania, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and is predicting some cold weather ahead. Maybe it's a regional thing...I'm ready for spring!

Today, write a letter to someone telling them about your plans for the spring. Do you plan to plant a garden, do some spring cleaning, take a vacation? Share the news!

2 comments:

phonelady said...

yes phil did say six more wks of winter sorry north folks but yeah you going to have it for six wks .

ShEiLa said...

I am just barely seeing your post for today... I have been busy... and I am not feeling well. So maybe I can catch-up tomorrow.

However,
I did write 3 letters before I left this morning. One to a childhood friend whose b.day is on the 8th. I also scanned photos of us together and included them in the letter.

The other 2 were to my grand-girls.

Thanks for the continued challenges.

ToOdLeS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...