Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Letter-writing Sites

I've recently found a couple of new letter-writing Web sites/blogs that you might find interesting.

We Love Snail Mail offers a chance for fellow letter writers to connect with each other. Once you join (no charge), you can post your mailing address in the Forum section, as well as see the addresses of the other members. Then, you can start sending and, hopefully, receiving mail.

Over at the blog Save Our USPS, Linda is offering up suggestions for helping the U.S. Postal Service stay in business. After yesterday and today's news about the Post Office (closings, dramatic financial losses), it seems the USPS might, indeed, need saving. I'm sure Linda will appreciate it if you visit her site and leave a comment or two with some more suggestions for helping out the Post Office.

If you like sending and receiving "real" mail, these two sites are worth your time!

4 comments:

phonelady said...

Now I am following lindas blog . I am also a member of welovesnailmail. I figure that by sending letters I am helping someone to keep their job and I save every letter I get . so you are so right , those of us who are writing letters are keeping the usps in business and we are also keeping the letter carriers from losing their job . this job is the most fun I have ever had . I love sending and receiving mail .

The Missive Maven said...

Save our USPS is a wonderful idea, but I can't help thinking the concept proposed on the site sounds like a kind of chain letter.

This also pre-supposes that I am buying the stamps for the purposes of sending these letters, but I'm not - I have a huge stash of stamps already stockpiled.

However, I am very keen on the idea of helping out the postal service, so I'm going to follow along and see how it goes.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the links! I was hoping the USPS was doing better, but I guess not. I personally don't have a stash of stamps to use like The Missive Maven, so I have been buying from the USPS and hoping that helps at least a little bit. Though a friend of mine said, at least it gives USPS staff something to do, if you are sending letters but not actually buying the stamps from them.

Gal Friday said...

I get so frightened for the Postal System whenever I read these reports! In fact, when the last report came out a few days ago, I also felt like one of the people who has in some way contributed to the U.S. Mail's decline since I have been blogging more than writing letters in the last few months.
Thanks for the links--will check them out soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...