Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a great quote!

I received an e-mail recently from Nancy Pope, curator and historian at the National Postal Museum, which, by the way, has a great Web site to visit! Maybe some day I'll make it to the brick-and-mortar museum, which is part of the Smithsonian Institute.

The quote at the end of Nancy's e-mail is so great...I just have to share it with you:
"Don't you like to write letters. I do because it's such a swell way to keep from working and yet you feel you've done something."

— Ernest Hemingway to F. Scott Fitzgerald, July 1, 1925

7 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

How cool!! I am going to go check out the link. :)

The Missive Maven said...

Love it!
(so true.)

Unknown said...

Love the quote ... thanks for sharing it ... and the link to the museum.

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

ShaƩ said...

That is so very true!

Melissa said...

If you're trying to write a letter a day, my site may help! Check it out. If you like it you can join and meet lots of people from all over to write letters to. www.welovesnailmail.webs.com

Cynthia said...

LOL! Yes that is a fantastic
quote. And you my dear have
inspired me. I love to send
and receive snail mail and now
is the time to step up and
mail hand-written letters.
Thank you!

Gal Friday said...

Oh, that is a GREAT quote!!(and it has the word "swell" in it, too!)
I was in DC for the day last month and wanted SO badly to tour the Postal Museum(it was right near the train station--I could see it from there), but it was a family trip and we could only go to a few of the museums and sites together.
Next time....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...